Buying a Home
We believe there is something for everyone in Santa Fe and the surrounding areas.
The process of buying or selling a home involves a dizzying amount of information about locations and valuations, financing and inspections, staging, showing, and closings. It’s an information-rich process, one that requires intelligence to sort through it all and to present it to you, the buyer, in a way that makes sense – and that guides you to the purchase you really want to make. As your brokers, we help you through this process from pre qualifying for a loan through closing and beyond.
The Basics of Buying a Home
Obtain Mortgage Pre-approval Before you begin house hunting
- learn how much home you can afford
- strengthen your bargaining position
Choose a Real Estate Broker
- select a professional that will listen to you and make you feel comfortable
Find the Right Home
- create a wish list of desirable features
- determine the need of you and your family
Make an Offer
- your real estate broker presents your offer to the seller who will accept reject or counter it.
- when the price is settled, you and the seller sign a purchase agreement defying the terms of the sale, it is then “under contract”
Have a Home Inspection
- hire a professional home inspector to provide an in-depth look at the basic systems of the house to reveal any safety hazards and give you a chance to reconsider the deal.
Have an Appraisal
- an appraisal, required by your mortgage lender, is a formal, written estimate of the homes current market value.
Obtain title Insurance
- this guarantees that the property you are purchasing is free of liens or confusion in rights of ownership
Close on the Property
- ownership of the property is transferred